• 415-541-9290

LGBT Marriage Immigration

Same-Sex Marriage to U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident Green Card & Same-Sex Fiancé(e) Visa Petitions

After the U.S. Supreme Court victory in U.S. v. Windsor the U.S. government was required to treat relationships of married same-sex couples equally to all marriages for federal programs, including receiving immigration benefits through marriage. Same-sex couples may petition their loved ones for all immigrant visas including same-sex fiancé visa petitions, same-sex petitions for relatives of legal permanent residents, and same-sex  petitions for relatives of U.S. citizens.

Our office began representing same-sex couples immediately after the announcement by USCIS that they would be recognizing petitions for green cards in same-sex marriage and fiancé(e)-visa petitions. We have represented hundreds of same-sex couples before US Citizenship & Immigration Services San Francisco, Santa Clara and Sacramento offices.

We have experience in dealing with privacy and sensitivity issues that can come with a same-sex marriage relationship as well as a fiancé petition for a loved one residing in a country that prohibits same-sex relationships.

We are passionate about advocating on behalf of our couples before USCIS, the National Visa Center, and the Dept. of State.

If you are in a same-sex relationship and would like representation in your green-card case, fiancé visa case, or want to inquire as to how the process works when dealing with a country that does not recognize gay marriage call our office for your case evaluation.