• 415-541-9290

Fiancé Visa

At Caudle & Leiva we assist clients through the process of applying for a K-1 Fiancé(e) visa. We have represented clients from all over the world in the K-1 Visa Process and have successfully obtained fiancé visa approvals from the U.S. Consulates in Ireland, France, Germany, Mexico, Iran, Taiwan, Dominican Republic, and Turkey to name a few.

Additionally, we have represented many same-sex couples through the Fiancé Visa process and are familiar with the cultural difficulties present for some couples depending on the country the Fiancé(e) is applying from.

We understand this is a complicated and strenuous process for the couple and work hard to make it run as smoothly as possible for you.

Am I Eligible?

To be eligible for a Fiancé(e) visa, the law requires that you:

• intend to marry a U.S. citizen,

• have met your intended spouse in person within the last two years (though this can be waived based on cultural customs or extreme hardship), and

• are legally able to marry.


We will first apply for the K-1 Fiancé(e) visa with USCIS, which takes approximately 4-6 months to be approved. Your application will then be forwarded to the Consulte or Embassy where they will go through Consular Processing and prepare for your Fiancé(e)’s interview. This Fiancé(e) visa will allow your partner to enter the U.S. in order to get married. Once your fiancé is in the country, you will have 90 days to get married after their arrival. Once you are married, we will proceed with the green card application.


After your wedding, your Fiancé(e) can apply to adjust status from a K-1 Visa holder to a Permanent Resident (green card holder). That process takes 6-8 months, and your partner can remain in the United States while the case is being completed, they will also receive work authorization and a travel permit while the case is pending.

An attorney at Caudle & Leiva Immigration will prepare you for and attend the immigration office interview in the U.S. with you.

Call our office and schedule your free case evaluation.